Fearless Writing Retreats for Women
"Embrace yourself as a writer."
If I do not do it now, when else can I do it?
Retreat participants use Centered Writing Practice ™ to explore their individual writing journeys. Grounded within a circle of safety, support, and natural beauty, women tap into their inherent strength, finding validation and freedom from expectations while exploring the boundaries of their own truth. Fearless Writing Retreats take women deep into their creative center, combining group writing with solitude and individual writing, social interaction with silence.
Fearlessness is to be willing to risk running toward the lion's roar. An African story tells how lionesses form a semicircle around the antelope while the lion, himself a poor hunter, stands at the open side and roars. Frightened by the sound, the antelope run from the roar into the jaws of the huntresses.
If they ran toward the lion's roar, they would find freedom and safety. In the life of writers, the challenge to run toward our fear is repeated over and over, taking us deeper and deeper into discovering the truth of who we are and what we have to say—our story.
- Peggy Tabor Millin
Fearless Writing Retreats are for women of all ages and writing backgrounds.
Fearless Writing Retreats provide:
- limited enrollment 0f 15 women
- diverse ages, backgrounds, and writing experience
- silence and solitude to nurture writing practice
- a safe, supportive setting to refresh the creative spirit
- time within the retreat to nurture your own writing
Leave with :
- a full heart, a full notebook, and inspiration for your writing journey
- specific writing tools, techniques, and craft as determined by group need
- experience with Centered Writing Practice ™
- increased confidence in your individual writing voice and the fearlessness to use it
- a network of women to support your writing life
- a sense of your identity as a writer among other writers and as a woman among other women.
|November 11--18, 2014
Lake Logan, North Carolina
December 14, 2014
|March 27--29, 2015
Zen Mind, Writer's Mind
Great Tree Zen Temple
Alexander, North Carolina
July 31--Aug. 2, 2015
Can't wait for an event? Order Peggy Tabor Millin's, and jump start your creative journey!