Writing Coach + Life Coach = Quick-Step
Quick-Step Coaching is an intuitive listening and questioning technique that clarifies the next step in the creative journey of life. It is quick because usually only one session is needed.
"How we do anything is how we do everything," says Zen teacher Cheri Huber. Whether your question is about creative writing, a job search, or a personal issue, the answer usually lies in how you are looking at it.
Following your bliss and making a change presents challenges. Your own inner voices may shout “dreamer” and “not good enough,” while the outer world questions the practicalities—paying the bills, sustaining relationships, finding the time. You intuitively know that to get what you want something will have to change.
If you feel stuck at the crossroads of change, Quick-Step Coaching will help you pick up your feet and get on the right road.
Who is it for?
Quick-Step Coaching is appropriate if you:
- can't see the first step to a new destination,
- can't find your way out of a quagmire of choices,
- need someone to hold up a mirror and reflect back what your heart already knows, or
- feel immobilized by fear of change or self-doubt
- need information or referral
You know you're at an important crossroad by the high degree of your consternation and confusion. The dilemma may seem a practical one, but at each life juncture, your spirit calls you to express your true self. You may choose to answer by taking small baby steps or by an empty- handed leap into the void. What is important is that you hear your heart's call and make a move in its direction.
Examples of issues presented for Quick-Step Coaching may include:
- a desire to write and the need for a job
- creating time for oneself
- whether to apply for an MFA
- overcoming the fear of beginning
- deciding on the next project or the focus of one's writing
- balancing family and work obligations with creative exploration
What is involved?
Quick-Step Coaching is an intuitive listening and questioning technique honed with twenty years experience.
The goal of this facilitation is to enable you to hear and feel your inner knowing above the chatter of other voices like fear, shoulds and ought to's, parental admonitions, and self-limitation.
As a facilitator, Peggy creates a safe space, stays on purpose, and honors the process of each individual. She is committed to not imposing her views, values, or judgments on those she facilitates.
- Sessions are one hour in length and can be done by telephone.
- Usually only one session is needed.
- Called "coaching" for want of another commonly understood term, Peggy prefers the word "facilitation" which means to "make easy." She is not a certified coach or counselor.
How do I set up a session?
Fill out the form, including a short description of the issue you wish to address and times when you are available by phone. Peggy will contact you to clarify the issue and to set up an appointment. A 1-hour session with Peggy is $100 paid in advance by check or through PayPal.
Perhaps the most important thing we bring to another person is the silence in us, not the sort of silence that is filled with unspoken criticism or hard withdrawal. The sort of silence that is a place of refuge, of rest, of acceptance of someone as they are. We are all hungry for this other silence. It is hard to find. In its presence we can remember something beyond the moment, a strength on which to build a life. Silence is a place of great power and healing.
- Rachel Naomi Remen